Things have been hectic and I have not had nearly enough time for writing lately but I do want to share my personal new moon in Taurus ritual with you! This is an example of how to set intentions to work with the new moon; how to use different tools (although you really need none) in creating an altar space for the ritual. These types of rituals should be highly personalized to meet your own needs with each new moon or any other event you may wish to celebrate and set intentions.
New moon occurs at 6'27" Taurus
Perfects: Apr 26, 2017 6:16 AM here in Mountain Daylight Time
My Ritual Prepared Apr 25, 2017
I set the stage with:
Thyme Tea with Local Raw Honey
Background for my ritual:
I have been suffering for some time with an ongoing dry cough and sore throat. Since Taurus rules the throat the new moon in Taurus is the ideal time to create a ritual healing around this issue. Taurus rules my 9th house of spiritual philosophy and so by reaffirming the link to my heart space with nature allows me to call upon the elements to aid in my healing.
Items used in altar space:
- Turquoise Blue Tray to create altar space
- Buddha Statue/Fountain to bring about a sense of divine contemplation
- White Sanctuary Jar candle annointed with lavendar and frankincense oils surrounded by white stones
- "The World" tarot card tray with a slippery elm throat losenge in the throat of the dancer on the tray
- White Sand with Gold Glitter
- Green Jasper to connect o earthy Taurus energy
- Smoky Quartz for grounding and deep connection
- Tangerine Quartz for creative amplification
- Black Kyanite for clearing away anything which is no longer needed here
- Amethyst for wisdom and healing
- Chrysocolla for communication and the throat chakra
- Citrine for success and vitality
- Quartz points to amplify energy
- Angelite for the blessings and oversight of my guides
- "She of the Cruach" from The Fairies Oracle - I pulled this card asking for one of the Faeries to join my in blessing this ritual and this card embodies the Divine Feminine
My personal invocation:
I ask for the god and goddess to join me in my prayer and to bless my endeavor.
I intend for health and healing for myself and for all those who I touch in my life.
I pray for spiritual calm and to handle my life with ease.
I let go of that which no longer serves me.
I invoke the Universe to heal my throat and clear me.
I breathe easily and deeply.
I breathe in life.
I welcome the return of Spring to my life and to my body.
I ask that all of this be done in alignment of the highest and best good of the Universe, myself, and all beings everywhere.
So be it and so it is.
Other notes on this:
I have this on my desk so I can turn the fountain on and light the candle when i am working. I can also repeat the invocation. I usually leave such a space set up for a month (until the next new moon). Sometimes I create more of a Reiki Crystal Grid for these rituals but this month I felt the need to incorporate all of the elements. Speaking of which I have added a feather for wind since the above was complied since I already have Earth (crystals, sand, rocks), Fire (Candle), and Water (Fountain).
If you like these ideas let me know and I can post more things like this! I would also love to hear what others do in their own rituals!
Astrologer, Reiki Master, tarot reader, and so much more!